-
July 20th, 2001, 07:12 PM
#11
Inactive Member
Sorry, I guess it's just what I've been waiting for a long time. It just removes so much crap, and adds the best element you could possibly put into any setup - simplicity. Color me jaded if you want, but it's a damn nice system, and the proper way to do boost IMHO. Sorry if i came across any other way.
------------------
-JG-
-1994 Civic EX-
-Block in the shop, turbo in the closet!-
-vapor-trail.net-
-
July 20th, 2001, 08:29 PM
#12
Inactive Member
I?ve removed the vlave with the arrow which is in a little hose on the side of the needle-valve and my car is without any booging, stuttering and detonations!
-
July 23rd, 2001, 04:50 PM
#13
Inactive Member
Like austrian type-r, my car runs fine with the check valve removed. Idle is solid and right at 600rpm just like before.
A combination of no check valve, a bored out restrictor (about 3/32" diameter) and the bleeder valve 1.5 turns closed from full open has given me what I want: No bog, tire-chirping hard shifts and a max FP of 70psi.
Lesson of the day: Tuning takes a lot of experimenting!
Greg
-
July 23rd, 2001, 05:47 PM
#14
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Holden:
Like austrian type-r, my car runs fine with the check valve removed. Idle is solid and right at 600rpm just like before.
A combination of no check valve, a bored out restrictor (about 3/32" diameter) and the bleeder valve 1.5 turns closed from full open has given me what I want: No bog, tire-chirping hard shifts and a max FP of 70psi.
Lesson of the day: Tuning takes a lot of experimenting!
Greg<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hmmm...very interesting! How's the drivability at 20-10" and from 10-0"? How much has the idle fuel pressure changed at 20" of vacuum and do you still have fine control of rise rate? Thanks
------------------
Mods
[This message has been edited by zip (edited July 23, 2001).]
-
July 23rd, 2001, 08:31 PM
#15
Inactive Member
zip: Drivability is unchanged (i.e. Very smooth!). I do have a JR BTC at 6 clicks and 16 degrees stock timing, also the rjaffey TPS mod.
It's smooth through the transitions.
Idle vacuum is still 21". (Maybe it was 22" before removing the check valve).
Since the Cartech is sticky below static FP (35psi), I can't comment on rise rates during non-boost, However, it drives smooth as hell, even when you drive stupid.
Caveat: 94 octane gas and a car that is very detonation resistant.
Greg
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks